More than make up, more than clothes, more than money, more than who you know, confidence is currency and will get you places. Learning how to be confident will get you into adventures, experiences, conversations, jobs, events and even places you shouldn’t be. Confidence means not waiting for permission to do things you’d really love to do, it means following your heart, it means owning your worth and claiming your space in the world.
Learning how to be confident opens up the world to you but if you’re not naturally born confident, it’s something you need to learn. I’ve put together ten simple tips to keep in mind and begin to implement into your daily life to grow in confidence. Use these as an experiment, not as something you SHOULD do, ease into them, be kind to yourself, allow yourself to expand and feel worthy, because you are, you’re totally worth it.
- Smile at strangers, say hi to cashiers. You never know who’s life you could save by doing so.
- Spend less time around negative people. This should really be at number 1. Cut out the Debbie Downers!
- Listen to music and podcasts that inspire & uplift you.
- At the end of each day, write down something you think you did well.
- Look your best, you’ll feel awesome & people treat well dressed people with more respect. Remember, people will treat you how you let them treat you.
- Walk like you own the place. Decide that you deserve the space you occupy in the world and don’t move out of the way for those people on the sidewalk who don’t respect your space.
- Clear out the clutter in your life. Messy home, messy mind.
- Keep asking yourself why not? Then remind yourself that you deserve to be seen & heard.
- Treat yo’self. Buy that coffee & cake & eat it on your own watching the world pass by.
- Really stop comparing yourself to others & to people in magazines. Spend that time complimenting yourself. You’re allowed to, I promise.
Now I want to hear from those of you with boundless confidence, what tips would you add to this list and what has being confident opened up for you?