This week, being Christmas, was pretty quiet online for most people as they were busy tolerating relatives, eating and drinking all the things and opening presents while Marley and I got to know each other (he’s really hard to photography, being so black!).
Marley and I slept, ate and watched movies (Yay for the TV showing Lord Of The Rings!), just like I planned. I also had a visit from a close friend, her boyfriend and their baby, also called Marley! I laughed so much when he chewed on his own finger and started to cry, he’s teething so only just figuring out that teeth hurt, something his mother’s nipples unfortunately know all about!
The thing I enjoyed most about the web this week, was the lack of business and promotional chatter on Twitter. I only follow something like 77 people but at times my Twitter feed can read like a business newspaper with everyone driving traffic to their sites. Still, we gotta do what we gotta do!
Boxing day I spent reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle which I have been meaning to get around to for ages. It definitely is an eye opening book and chapter two explains the origin of negative thinking and depression which can be a great help to those of us who suffer from this. It is not an easy read, I found I had to force myself to stay focused (I watch movies on my laptop while scrolling through Tumblr or playing a game on my iPad…), and I found I had to re-read just about every paragraph to understand it. I’m only 58% into the book but I’m getting the feeling it’s something that needs to be read in it’s entirety and then re-read to be fully understood.
I also finally caved and decided to leave my hermit hobbit hole and go out into the world on New Year’s Eve with my fellow badass babe, Goddess Cleo. We will be attending Wonderland which I am really looking forward to, and since we are both over 30, we have vowed to be home by 2:30am. It’s a crazy fancy dress event, so I will be wearing something wild and posting about it next year.
In fact, I have quite a few fabulous events lined up for next year. I will definitely be attending the Brighton Tattoo Convention in February (and hopefully getting some new work done!), as well as London Super Comic Con later in the year in May (and hopefully get J Scott Campbell to sign one of my Fathom comics).
It’s also my birthday on the 5th of February and I plan on doing something that requires me wearing a sequined dress, something like going to one of the burlesque/cabaret supper clubs in London. There are SO many to choose from (Volupté, Wam Bam Club, La Reve, Circus, Proud Cabaret, The Tassel Club) so if you can help by recommending one, please do so! I will probably also be attending Club Pedestal again although I’m never sure exactly when, I do know there is one on the 25th January, so perhaps that one!
If you know of any awesome, quirky, unusual, avant garde, unconventional and alternative events and happenings coming up in 2013, let me know! I want to be there with bells and studs on 🙂
Ok! Here is what I found this week on the web:
- Turning drab and depressing buildings into a work of art at the school that tells you to paint on walls.
- Lingerie at Bella Bella Boutique makes my heart all a flutter (and my wallet just laugh at me).
- Sarah at yesandyes.org tried archery and I’m super jealous! Something I would love to learn how to do!
- I didn’t win the scholarship to Gala Darling’s Blogcademy, so does anyone want to sponsor me the £500 to go? It’s in a few weeks time!
- I have a chakra healing booked with modern mystic Belinda Davidson on 4th January and I am so excited to see what happens!
- Also in January I will be meeting with Corrina Gordon-Barnes, business and life coach at You Inspire Me and Lisa Clark author of SASSY: The Go-for-it Girl’s Guide To Becoming Mistress of Your Own Destiny for a get together of other entrepreneurs and work-from-homers, something I am so looking forward to!
- “No one wants to do business with someone who creates and involves themselves in negativity.” – Lessons from rappers.
- Stunning entries to this year’s World Photography Awards.
- The best literary heroines of 2012.
- Gary at Everything Everywhere gets paid to travel the world endlessly, here are is beautiful shots from the places he traveled this year.
A parrot singing Let The Bodies Hit The Floor. Pretty effing amazing!