This weekend we paid a visit to the nearby Eden Project because its the perfect time with all the plants and flowers in spring bloom. I also wanted to visit my favourite dome – the temperate weather dome where they house plants from places like Spain, California and of course, my home country, South Africa!
In the South African section, my man, who is also from South Africa, and I took a deep breath and agreed it smelled like home!
In the temperate dome its more of a dry heat, and inside the dome there is no cold British breeze that always ruins what little sun reaches us here! I could have stayed in there all day!
If you’ve never heard of The Eden Project, here is the blurb from their website:
We built the Eden Project in Cornwall in a disused clay mine, transforming it into a rich, global garden where people can learn about nature and get inspiration about the world around them.But we do much more than offer a memorable day out in Cornwall. Eden is an educational charity and social enterprise and much of our energy goes into:
- running transformational social and environmental projects on our doorstep and around the world
- creating unforgettable learning experiences for students
- putting on fantastic arts, theatre and music events
- creating stunning gardens as well as doing valuable research into plants and conservation
- making sure we run our operations in the greenest possible way.
I took a ton of photos, there are 70 in total in the collection below. I don’t know anything about photography, but I like taking pictures and judging from these pics, I like to photograph textures and yes, you may use any of the pictures as your desktop wallpaper but if you post the pictures elsewhere online, please link back to my website thanks!